Lochview Health Spa
Call To Book Your Appointment & For Further Information
With our idyllic scenery, peaceful atmosphere and cosy interior, Lochview is a source of endless inspiration for your wellbeing journey. Our newest venture, Lochview Health Spa, offers a range of bespoke treatments. These treatments are designed to effectively reduce stress, relieve pain and help you feel your best.
Linda, the owner of Lochview, is a thriving health and fitness professional with decades of experience. She’s on a mission to further transform our location into a place where you are refreshed and revived – whether you’re a visitor or a local resident.
Please note that walk-in appointments are not available and all clients are required to book in advance.
INTRODUCING THE SUNLIGHTEN © INFRARED SAUNA EXPERIENCE
An innovative and world-renowned sauna featuring therapeutic heat that directly warms your body from the inside out.
What is ‘Infrared’?
This type of treatment harnesses infrared wavelengths – the invisible parts of the sun’s spectrum. More specifically, these waves can be broken down into near (NIR), mid (MIR) and far (FIR) rays. These waves are fantastic wellness tools because they:
- Penetrate your tissue in a way that’s gentle, effective and detoxifying
- Do not contain any of the sun’s harmful UV rays
- Cannot cause burning and are safe for all forms of life (even new-born babies!)
Infrared Saunas vs Regular Saunas
While regular saunas work by heating the air around you, infrared saunas are up to seven times more effective because the light rays penetrate your skin and warm you from inside out. As a result, infrared saunas trigger sweat at cellular level – helping your body to burn calories, eliminate more toxins and feel relaxed to the core. Unlike regular saunas, you won’t be exposed to sweltering heat or uncomfortable clouds of steam.
Not All Infrared Saunas Are Equal
We’ve chosen a sauna brand from Sunlighten because their infrared technology is the best on the market.
Their Solocarbon ® facilities are clinically proven to raise your core body temperature by 1.5 degrees Celsius and maximise the benefits of all three light wavelengths.
The Scientifically Proven Health Benefits
The healing properties of infrared light have dazzled scientists for years. So far, here are some of the most impressive health benefits that have been discovered:
Pain Relief – Arthritis, Chronic Pain, Headaches, and More
- A 2009 study revealed that infrared saunas can benefit people suffering from arthritis-related pain and stiffness, with 59% of participants feeling more comfortable in daily life!
- In 2005, researchers suggested that regular infrared sauna use can relieve chronic pain symptoms, improve your mood and even help you return to normal life.
- A 2020 study from Japan Geriatrics Society showed that infrared saunas can improve the quality of life for people suffering from common geriatric pains (such as chronic headaches and coldness).
General Heart Health
- During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75% and the heat causes blood vessels in the skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.
- Numerous studies have proven that infrared saunas can be an effective way to reduce your blood pressure. Additionally, infrared light can serve a therapeutic role for people who are at risk of developing various cardiovascular issues, including high cholesterol.
- Research published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry demonstrates that infrared light exposure improves wound healing, restores enzyme activity and reduces cell death by an astonishing 50%!
- A 2013 study involving athletes revealed that one sauna session can boost your immune system by impacting white blood cell production.
- A study conducted by E. Ernst and others claimed that regular sauna use is likely to reduce your risk of catching a cold.
- Infrared improves circulation, expels waste (such as dirt and chemicals) and removes dead cells on the surface of the skin – resulting in a soft, clear complexion.
- A 2014 study proved that participants who received regular infrared therapy saw visible differences in as little as 3 months. Factors such as skin elasticity, collagen and youthfulness were boosted, while wrinkles were reduced.
- Perspiring is part of the complex thermoregulatory process of the body that increases the heart rate and metabolic rate causing the body to burn calories.
- Research has shown that a 30-minute infrared sauna session can burn an upwards of 600 calories! A 2009 study indicated that Sunlighteninfrared saunas can lower weight and waist circumference in just a 3-month period.
- Toxins such as sodium, alcohol, nicotine, cholesterol and carcinogenic heavy metals accumulate in the body during modern daily life.
- Studies have shown that FIR raises core body temperature stimulating the sweat glands resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat ridding the body of toxins.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR INFRARED SAUNA EXPERIENCE AT LOCHVIEW:
- A warm welcome
- A FREE consultation (if you’re a first-time visitor)
- A fresh, cosy towel for maximum comfort
- An immersive 30-minute session that boosts health and releases your inner glow
- A cool refreshment in the guest house conservatory after you’ve finished
- Free parking for the duration of your session
- Perks and discounts for regular use
To maximise the benefits of infrared therapy, it’s best to wait roughly 45 minutes and shower in your own time. This is because the infrared treatment, warming your inner core, will still be ‘working’ after you’ve exited the sauna.
BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULTATION AND FIRST SESSION TODAY!
Contact us now by calling 01854 612333 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s plenty more in store for Lochview Health Spa, so keep an eye out on our social media for updates regarding upcoming treatments and special offers.